Offline jamierussell50

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
Sharp LC-32X20E - 32" Widescreen 1080P
« on: 03 December 2007, 02:43:35 PM »

Hi all, really like the look of the sharp...I am in the market for a 32" and the Sharp LC-32X20E - 32" Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview looks like it could be great but I can't find any reviews on it. As Jimboli mentioned, good contrast, quick response times...and...1080p! I think this will be the only 32" screen to have it.

Has anyone seen this, any comments about it? Im kinda torn between this and the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 - 32".

Vince, are there any plans to do a review on this anytime soon?!? :)

Jamie

Offline wtfbollos

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Sharp LC-32X20E - 32" Widescreen 1080P
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
hey, i've got one of these.

have to say it's a lovely screen, tho i've only had it for a few days, i already love it.

it has about 6 or 7 different groups of settings (game, standard, dynamic etc) which all seem to be able to be set, so you don't just get only one set of paramrters you can change. for gta4 and the ps3, e.g., i can crank the game settings like contrast and colour up, so i get a rich picture. the sound is really good as well, it's 15w a channel and once you crank the bass up a bit, it produces a really nice sound.

come with a shedload of instructions even for languages i don't even know, so once i got the tv setup, all this went straight in the bin, bad waste imo. the actual pages you want number 40, so 3 books...?

but they give you a free screwdriver to assemble the tv, which is cool:

this is the tv in question, i like the small black bezel, but would have preferred the little silver bits to have been black as well.

i like the way the screen swivels on the stand:

i really like the extensive (enough) buttons on the top, enabling full tv control without the remote (if the batteries go dead or the missus sits on it!)

good side access for vidcam:

3 hdmi's, 2 scarts. 9 pin d sub for pc (more on that in the subsequent post) = more than enough connectors!

« Last Edit: 04 August 2008, 02:10:24 PM by wtfbollos »

Offline wtfbollos

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
9 pin d sub for pc (more on that in the subsequent post)

i've started a thread in the general area:

http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php/topic,819.0.html
« Last Edit: 04 August 2008, 02:22:18 PM by wtfbollos »