• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 187
  • -Received: 337
    • View Profile
Sharp LC42XL2E Review
« on: 14 December 2007, 03:31:21 AM »

Please discuss the Sharp LC42XL2E review in this thread.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Offline zarai2000

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sharp LC42XL2E Review
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
Hi, first i have to tell you congratulations for the fantastic job that you are making in this site, helping and showing us the reviews of the Lcds. Is the only web site where you can read a really good review in each LCD.
I don't know how you get each LCD and i don't care but many thanks to show us exactly what LCD is better to buy and not what LCD the Shops tell us to buy!!!! Sorry for my english but since 1992, that i don't write very often.

What can i say about this review!!!!, few things becouse is really good review and when one thing is made off like you have done, is very difficult to say something more.

This is the LCD that i will buy after christmas when the prices will go down and i will hope that will not be the last one.  I have two Sharp Lcds and i use DVE to get better imagen but is very difficult to have a really good imagen using it, may be becouse i am not a expert for get good settings.

I check this site almost every day waiting that you will write the settings of the Sharp xl2e, but i think that this LCD is not very popular with only 5,71% settings voted. If you will not write the settings of this lcd, Could you send me the settings to my email?, becouse i don't find other web site where i can get it.  Many thanks

Happy new year.   zarai2000@hotmail.com

Offline Daal

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2008, 02:15:41 PM »
Great Website.... I also like the Sharp xl2e test.

Please help me with the best setting as possible by posting the settings on this forum.

Thanks  :D

Offline apoc_reg

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2008, 02:41:11 PM »
I have this screen (46" version) and agree with your review its got a great picture

I have a ps3, xbox elite and sky+ SD plugged up to it and am delighted with it!

One question, can i get 1080p out of my computer (Which is HD ready but uses DVI) with this set using a DVI_HDMI cable??

I ask as i read that the 46xl2e doesnt support 1080p over VGA?!

Thanks

Offline Vincent

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 187
  • -Received: 337
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2008, 06:15:14 PM »
One question, can i get 1080p out of my computer (Which is HD ready but uses DVI) with this set using a DVI_HDMI cable??

I ask as i read that the 46xl2e doesnt support 1080p over VGA?!

Yes, you can obtain 1:1 pixel mapping (1080p) through DVI-HDMI.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Offline Douglas

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
Hi

I have just bought a Sharp LC 42XL2e: It is a stunning looking TV, but only until it is switched on!! I have not noticed any banding but the picture out of the box is very unrealistic, dark and not pleasant to watch. It just puts me on edge (esp with rapid movement -100Hz enabled). I think I get what is meant by red push!!

My previous TV was a Toshiba 37WLT58 and it was great on standard setting. The picture looks better than the Sharp with all inputs (ATV, DTV) except watching a DVD from the PS3: The Toshiba was interesting as it is a 720p screen but it's prefered input is 1080i - I never understood that.

I have worked out that the settings need changed for each individual input (eg ATV, DTV, each HDMI input): I have put a CRT TV below the screen & tried to match the picture (for colour, sharpness, contrast) but am failing miserably.

Vincent's thorough review mentions that the Sharp doesn't have D65 calibration on the menu: I assume that is the match I am looking for. However setting "Colour Temp" at low (?closest to D65) is not good, so I have used mid-low as suggested.

Would it be possible to have Vincent's settings so I can enter them into the [user] settings for each of the main inputs (ie ATV, DTV & HDMI -I have a PS3 & SKY HD): I assume this will give pictures most similar to a good old CRT TV

All the best,

Douglas King

Offline slipknot84

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2008, 06:56:18 PM »
Hi,
this is my first post here, so I thank you all for your great job.
I have a question: is the xl8 series the same of xl2 but in 32/37" size?
I have a sharp lc37xl8 and it looks very good, the only problem is the image noise (only in SD), that can be attenuated with the noise reduction.
The input lag in "game" mode isn't a problem, (does you know the real input lag of this TV?)
I beg your pardon for my english, but I am italian and I never been in U.K (a big dream...)
Thank you all!!