Offline valsgirl

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
SHARPLC42XD1EA
« on: 20 January 2008, 11:06:05 PM »

??? Please can anyone help a newbie, i have bought the above tv and have a picture problem it looks as if there is a very very fine mesh across the screen when viewed close up and and at least 14 ft away. It can also look like it is well, cloudy i suppose is the best way to describe it. I have it through sky but no HD or anything my dad has bought the same model 2 days after mine and his is exactly the same.
I have tried to adjust some of the settings but it has not altered this at all. I have tried watching a dvd on there too there was a guy wearing glasses in 1 shot and they appeared to be moving up and down on his face there have been other issues like this some better than others, watching on sky channels is hit and miss with the above picture problems. I have read pages and pages on here and just hope there is a bit of help out there for me, i have only a run of the mill scart lead and intend to upgrade this can anyone help with that also as i have no understanding of this at all currys offered to sell me 1 for 65 saying to spend hundreds on the tv and not get the very best leads was a sin more or less.( well i left a sinner sorry to say) was i wrong? i am sure there are better prices out there as currys are known for inflating the prices of the accesories. Thanks in advance valsgirl

Offline Vincent

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 222
  • -Received: 370
    • View Profile
Re: SHARPLC42XD1EA
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2008, 06:11:36 PM »
Hi valsgirl

I have to be honest, the picture problem you described does not fit with any video/ backlight artifact I know of. Does it persist when you're using the internal tuner to watch Freeview? Is it only on certain or all programmes? With the DVD (man with glasses) perhaps what you're describing is deinterlacing artifacts (twitter, moire, jaggies), in which case try using [Film Mode] "Standard" for movies, and [Film Mode] "Off" for video material.

Warmest regards
Vincent