Offline HDGamer

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
Kuro for gaming
« on: 03 April 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

Hey, these look like great TV's, and I'd be interested in one for gaming/movies.

I'm wondering if anyone with a Kuro has tested the Input lag times while playing Guitar Hero or other fast reaction games?

I read alot of conflicting statements, some people say virtually zero, other people claim 50ms or so.

Any info would be appreciated.

Offline stoffe69

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Kuro for gaming
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2008, 07:00:27 AM »
Yeah im also thinking about buying this tv and would like to know the same thing, does it work well for long gaming sessions.

Offline humps

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
I have the 4280. I don't own Guitar Hero but I play games on my Kuro. The fastest reaction game I have is GT5 Prologue at 1080p and so far it seems to be fine, I don't detect any lag. Lately, I'm also spending a lot of time on Mario Kart Wii which is 480p on the component input and there is no noticable lag either.

However, PS3/Wii are over a wireless bluetooth controller which has its own lag anyway! My friend is claiming the wireless PS3 controller lags and affected his timing on Everybody's Golf. I'll probably get my Tiger Woods PGA on the Wii to see. But so far, no problem and the 4280. No blur, no image retention, no delay, GT5 looks amazing as does Mario Kart. I may also add Devil May Cry 4 with lots of dark scene makes LCDs cry and the Kuro is so much better dealing with it.

BTW, I do wonder how people measure the 50ms delay...

Offline HDGamer

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2008, 05:54:04 AM »
"BTW, I do wonder how people measure the 50ms delay..."

Guitar Hero 2 and 3 come with a lag calibration tool, but the professional way of doing it is to output a running clock to the HDTV and an old CRT, then take pictures with a camera and look at the millisecond difference.

Thanks for the info humps.

Offline tomazaz

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
4280 support 1080p with it's 1024 x 768 max resolution, I always thought that 1080p should be 1920 x 1080

Can anyone explain this for me?

Offline Cubester

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
The TV supports 1080p as in accepting the signal. And afterwards it will be downscaled to 1024x768.

Offline stucarblne

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 37
  • -Received: 24
  • Friendly, honest, and tell it like it is bloke. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
 :sleep:

Wow...

Four years since a post on this thread   :lol:  :o

Do people still enjoy gaming on their Kuro's...  ???

On another forum the topic comes up from time to time of gaming on Kuro's, settings liked or preferred or not. But it can be seen as off topic at times so this one seems ready made and ideal.  Anyone looking forward to the so called definite 1080P gaming on the next xbox and PS4 consoles we are all supposed to be getting to make the Pio "shine"   ::)  :P

Of course posting or copying settings isn't ideal as we all know from the usual video standpoint because one set is 99.9% guaranteed to (not) work on someone else's display... But with gaming what harm can it do as it is not strictly reference from the off i suppose. Maybe things like folk may have different settings for specific games etc.

Love hearing people's thoughts on games on the Kuro's and just in general. Their own personal settings and own personal opinions as to how things should look and play but unfortunately it difficult to come by an awful lot of the time :help: