Author Topic:

Sharp LC40LE831E 3D LED LCD TV Owners Thread.

(Read 22218 times)

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 13
  • -Received: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Sharp LC40LE831E 3D LED LCD TV Owners Thread.
« Reply #15 on: 02 January 2012, 02:04:45 PM »

David, I can't help thinking the [movie] setting, after adjustment, seems too dim, above all when sunlight images are present. :-[
In comparison, the [user] or [standar] configurations, appears more illuminated, although have quite unreal colors :D
The dilemma is: natural colors but dim light (IMO) vs. altered colors with vivid images...

The movie setting can come as quite a shock if you are used to a very bright image. Is the room you are viewing in particularly bright?
Very bright at noon but not so bright lamp light in the evening.  :-[

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2012, 02:10:55 PM »
Maybe you could try User or Normal for none crucial daytime viewing and Movie for evening HD viewing. :)

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
Maybe you could try User or Normal for none crucial daytime viewing and Movie for evening HD viewing. :)
I think it's a good idea. Yesterday I was changing the adjustment to the User mode in order to get a more "natural" image. I don't know if I was doing right, but it seems someway smoother and near to the Movie mode. Although I couldn't do nothing to put an end to the "radioactive greens"  :D

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
Hi everybody:

A lot of time out of this forum, but there is a reason for it: I am very disappointed with my Sharp, mates  :'(

I had a serious problem with an increasingly noticeable clouding, so I contacted with Sharp Spain. After a month of struggle, they accepted to change my set for a new one... that posseses even more clouding, three dead pixels and an inopperative DLNA/Wifi... >:(

I'm reading differents opinions from my country and even the USA (AVSforum) and I got the conclusion that Sharp has eliminate good quality controls of his priorities in making this TV panels. Some people started to think there is a wheel of clouding affected panels that the company receives and gives them to another client, so the chances of get a 'perfect' panel are very low now. The guy in the repairing service I contacted for my problem, told to me he had received two more panels with clouding this week and he is waiting instructions from Sharp Spain.

I am waiting for a answer too, but at this point I have the sad feeling that I threw 1k euros to the W.C.  :(

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
Hi everybody:

A lot of time out of this forum, but there is a reason for it: I am very disappointed with my Sharp, mates  :'(

I had a serious problem with an increasingly noticeable clouding, so I contacted with Sharp Spain. After a month of struggle, they accepted to change my set for a new one... that posseses even more clouding, three dead pixels and an inopperative DLNA/Wifi... >:(

I'm reading differents opinions from my country and even the USA (AVSforum) and I got the conclusion that Sharp has eliminate good quality controls of his priorities in making this TV panels. Some people started to think there is a wheel of clouding affected panels that the company receives and gives them to another client, so the chances of get a 'perfect' panel are very low now. The guy in the repairing service I contacted for my problem, told to me he had received two more panels with clouding this week and he is waiting instructions from Sharp Spain.

I am waiting for a answer too, but at this point I have the sad feeling that I threw 1k euros to the W.C.  :(
Sharp Spain has changed my TV for a third set... but it also shows a lot of annoying clouding...  :'(
« Last Edit: 28 May 2012, 02:16:51 PM by Seibei »

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2012, 07:39:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about all your troubles Seibei. Any chance of getting a full refund? Or cutting your losses and selling it on eBay?
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about all your troubles Seibei. Any chance of getting a full refund? Or cutting your losses and selling it on eBay?
Hi, David:

I,ve just wrote a new e-mail to the person in Sharp assigned to my case, demanding a full refund of my money or, on the other hand, a new unit tested ok by Sharp Spain previous to deliver it to me. But I don't know if they will accept.

I've read that Sony in Japan broke its commercial agreements with Sharp because this company had supplied a great amount of TV panels with clouding issues. It seems that Japanese companies are having serious troubles since 2011 earthquake and nuclear meltdown.

Thank you for worrying about my case  ;)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
Is it true that they broke agreements with Sharp specifically over the quality of the panels? Where did you read that? That's very interesting.
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline Seibei

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2012, 05:06:14 PM »
Is it true that they broke agreements with Sharp specifically over the quality of the panels? Where did you read that? That's very interesting.

I read it here, David: http://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/1243142 Maybe I didn't understand totally the meaning of the article  ::)

Offline Uzziel78

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
Hello Everybody:)
My name is Adam and it's my 1st post here  ;D
I'm looking for solution for a green/yellow colors in specific situations described (HD part in article http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sharp-lc40le831e-lc40le831-201111101501.htm?page=Performance).
This kind of anomaly ruins my picture badly, just imagine a human face with green tint :(. All settings which i have found are set to FILM/MOVIE mode and LOW color temp.
Guys, have you got any settings for LOW-MID temp (it helps a little with unnatural yellow/green) or maybe STANDARD/USER mode ?.

Thank you kindly for any help.
AdamM (46LE830E Owner)[PL].
« Last Edit: 23 August 2012, 12:31:40 PM by Uzziel78 »