Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
Sharp Elite PRO-xxX5FD
« on: 02 December 2011, 09:12:57 PM »

Who would like to see this highly thought of panel in the UK and Europe? :)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Re: Sharp Elite PRO-xxX5FD
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
Everyone who reads this site :)

It's frustrating to say the least that the enthusiast panels don't get sold in Europe. Especially given the flaws that Sharp's consumer models have (see our latest review for the colour inaccuracy problems).
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 368
  • -Received: 816
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
Everyone who reads this site :)

It's frustrating to say the least that the enthusiast panels don't get sold in Europe. Especially given the flaws that Sharp's consumer models have (see our latest review for the colour inaccuracy problems).
Do you think it may not see a release due to the money problems the EU are having at the moment?

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2011, 11:22:46 PM »
I'm not sure how they decide what they will and won't release. The usual feeling I got from speaking to industry people (and hearing them interviewed) was that the market conditions in Europe were not right for a high end display. And then you have companies like Toshiba who released higher-end models in some countries in the EU, but not in the UK...
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2011, 02:49:43 PM »
You never know now Robert Zohn is on here he might ship one over. :o ;) (just kidding Robert). ???

RobTheWire

« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
Hey its not just Europe that are having money problems, have you seen the size of the USA'S deficit there worse up it than we are, i think its the fact that there is more people who are willing to spend that kind of cash over there and a much bigger target audience that's why, we want the earth but don't want to pay for it, they on the other hand will pay for it  :-X.

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 368
  • -Received: 816
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Hey its not just Europe that are having money problems, have you seen the size of the USA'S deficit there worse up it than we are, i think its the fact that there is more people who are willing to spend that kind of cash over there and a much bigger target audience that's why, we want the earth but don't want to pay for it, they on the other hand will pay for it  :-X.
Spot on!

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2011, 08:42:57 PM »
Whats the latest on this set Peeps  :o, My village Post office still Dont have it in stock  ???
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.