• Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
Samsung E6500 Plasma Discussion Thread
« on: 25 April 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

Thought i would start the ball rolling for this model....  ;D
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Re: Samsung E6500 Plasma Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
Can't wait to see this year's Samsung PDP lineup!
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Maybe can give you a first hand review sometime David  :o  LOL :P
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline Tuomo

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2012, 07:54:53 AM »
Just bought ps60e6505 model, does anyone have decent calibration settings?

Offline hdfan32

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
I wonder why HDTVTest is testing only Panasonic!?! Look at the latests reviews: only Panasonic.....

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2012, 12:15:53 PM »
I wonder why HDTVTest is testing only Panasonic!?! Look at the latests reviews: only Panasonic.....

I think Panasonic are the only manufacturer up to now releasing review samples. As soon as we receive samples from others you people will be the first to know. :)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2012, 03:06:44 PM »
Yes, there's 4 Panasonics in a row! That wasn't our intention, but one of the other reviews (from another brand) got delayed.

So rather than make everyone wait for the GT50 review, we just decided to put it up and have a front page full of Panasonic. "Like buses" I believe is the phrase...
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline hdfan32

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2012, 04:25:48 PM »
I own a Panasonic STW50 but it would have been nice if I could compare with the E6500. But unfortunately no one wants to review it  ??? So I didn't want to wait that long and bought the STW50 based on the good reviews.

Let's hope the E6500 woun't be much better  :P

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
But unfortunately no one wants to review it
Oh trust me, we want to review an E6500 ;D
--

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
But unfortunately no one wants to review it
Oh trust me, we want to review an E6500 ;D

Can't wait to see a good review of this one either. :)

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2012, 05:25:25 PM »
David,
What are the Chances of getting a PS60E6500 Sammy in for reveiw over the Jubilee Holidays and have a full report back here wednesday ?.....  :P. Really need a reveiw on this now !! lol

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
You and me both. Hopefully now we reviewed the LED LCD, Samsung will let us look at some of their PDPs next :)
--

Offline SammyO

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 21
  • -Received: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 June 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
At first I was 95% sure that this tv is my next tv. After having the Samsung 40d6200 lcd-led for about a year, Im looking for a bigger and better tv for gaming and watching sports ( I also have a 40c6000 in my bedroom, but I think that I sell the d-serier, to get more money for the new tv).

But then, there were no reviews out there, and I had to find the information shattered around different forums.

First I read that the tv is not as bright as last year d6900, and it would struggle in daylight, even with the new ar filter --> 80%

Then theres some info that it might not be as responsive and fast in gaming that you would expect from a plasma tv -->70%

And last, this years model might have even more aggressive ABL than last year, and still have brightness pops unfixed ( I watch a lot of ice hockey, so I would like to get a tv without the brightness pops and my whites white) -->50%

Im pretty sure, that if I had just bought the tv without knowing these, I would be happy. But now I think that I need to think again.. Im currently looking for a tv that I would be happy with for the next 2-4 years and then swapping it to OLED. I would not want to be purchasing a new tv from a year from now again, thats why I might be too thorough in my evaluation  :D

I have always been happy for Samsung tvs, but for the first time, I might really consider going the panasonic st50 way. Now, as Im so confused by this all, I would really like to see a professional review out of E6500, with maybe some comparison to panasonic in it.

I know that you wont answer if I ask when you get it for a review ( I understand that you might not even know that and have read your rules), but do you usually give some hints about coming reviews? I follow you on twitter and visit the hdtvtest.co.uk almost daily, but there have been no clues about it. I have a bad feeling that first samsung plasma reviews are not out until autumn, like last year, and thats a looong wait...  :(

Any user thoughts is also appreciated, especially how did you feel if coming from led to e-series plasma, and have you noticed the possible flaws that I mentioned ( those that are from different users and might even be untrue or exaggerated).

So, any info is helpful, and thanks before hand for those willing to help me  :)

E: I want to underline that the thoughts of possible flaws from e6500 are not my one, but are around the web from different users. I haven't been able to see one myself, thats one problem. I have only had the chance to see a D8000 plasma, and the ST50 to demo in store. If you feel that my post is misleading and too negative minded, I will not be mad if You feel better to remove it. Im not posting the possible pros of the tv, because then I would likely need a couple of pages to do so!  :D

Greetings

SammyO
« Last Edit: 07 June 2012, 10:06:44 PM by SammyO »

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 June 2012, 10:55:09 PM »
Evening  Sammy, Firstly i don't think anyone on HDTVTest is going to remove your Post !!  ;D.

OK if you are a Fan of Ice Hockey then you will no doubt have read over on AVS Forum that indeed the new E Series Sammy Plasmas Suffer with the ABL Pops especially with the High Contrast Ice Hockey. There have been many instances of returns due to this but also many who have no issue with it .

I have not heard anywhere that Game Lag is a problem though. Its quite a tough process choosing a TV as they all have good points and some Bad,

If you take for instance the Panasonic Reveiw sets , they have been excellent so far yet 'Some' owners are reporting uniniform Screens and Vertical Lines .

Hopefully there will be some Samsung Reveiws very soon so some comparisons can be drawn  :)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
SammyO: The Panasonic ST50 is absolutely outstanding. I wish that I could give you a meaningful comparison, or even a recommendation with regard to Samsung PDPs, but their PR firm has not sent review samples yet, instead focusing on the LED LCDs. So Panasonic is basically completely unchallenged.

I know that you wont answer if I ask when you get it for a review ( I understand that you might not even know that and have read your rules),
Oh, don't worry, this isn't that kind of forum ;D The only rule we really have is "be nice and don't post links to illegal stuff".

The closest I have got to a 2012 Samsung Plasma is at the Value Electronics Shootout in the USA. They do look outstanding. So are the 2012 Panasonics. Simply put, I can't think of any reason to stay away from the Panasonic ST50 since we know for a fact its input lag is very low - and that it's excellent value for money.
--