Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site

The votes have been calculated, and the American model, TC-P65VT50, has emerged as the victor of the 2012 annual Value Electronics shootout event.

A panel of experts and invited guests ranked all six displays on Black Level, Contrast Ratio, Color Accuracy, Motion Resolution, and General (Overall) Video Quality.

Company representatives were excluded from the vote.

Congratulations to Panasonic for an outstanding PDP HDTV.

Runners up will be announced shortly.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 02:06:26 AM by David Mackenzie »
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 173
  • -Received: 58
    • View Profile
Very cool  ;D

I hope, there will be a fix for the 10point calibrationoption and (if possible), cutting down that inputlag would be really nice.

Offline Scottthehat

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 218
  • -Received: 265
  • It's because I'm green isn't it?
    • View Profile
and the rest of the order.
also could we have a list of the tvs with the problems that were found with the each tv if you have time,cheers.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 08:23:54 AM by Scottthehat »
sharp lcd 42"samsung ps59d550 plasma,onkyo 875/606,sherrwood 945 avr,sony md/cd/ps3,toshiba hd dvd/bluray,panasonic blu-ray,wharfdale front/center/15" sub+2 12",eltax liberty rears x2(7.1),jamo 12" fronts + rears,sky hd,teac td, spyder 4tvhd + chromapure calibration stuff. nikon d700/d300 + pro glas

Offline JrCalibrator

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 61
  • -Received: 66
    • View Profile
Thank you David,
Where will evaluations and charts be posted?

RobTheWire

The votes have been calculated, and the American model, TC-P65VT50, has emerged as the victor of the 2012 annual Value Electronics shootout event.

Well i never  :o, NOT!!!

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile

Well i never  :o, NOT!!!

I think it was close between the Sammy and the VT. :)

RobTheWire

Well from what i was watching baz the Panasonic won all ends up.

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Well from what i was watching baz the Panasonic won all ends up.

Hard to tell on the video feed Rob but your probably right. :)

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
Obviously blacks were king on the VT but last night I thought the all red colour slide was a tad orangey. Very very nice pq tho  ;D.
I thought both nights the Sammy E8000 plasma had slightly hot faces where highlights looked blown out, when one of the guys went into its menu i noticed contrast was set at max 100 !. That would look pretty nasty come evening time on my Sammy which is at 80.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 04:57:21 PM by panman40 »
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Got to get that Blu Ray though..............and you guessed it i forgot what it's called? ???

Offline JrCalibrator

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 61
  • -Received: 66
    • View Profile
The art of flight

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Obviously blacks were king on the VT but last night I thought the all red colour slide was a tad orangey.
It's impossible to tell from a camcorded video of a TV. Actually it has the best colour accuracy. :)
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline jtm79

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 1
    • View Profile
David what are your thoughts about VT50 vs E8000. WHich one is brighter and is VT50 alot better handling reflections? And what about dse?

Im reading lots of complaints about ir, dse and banding on panny and Samsung seems to be much better in those. Then again Samsung buzzes more, but i dont think thats a problem for me since my 51D555 buzzes too.

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
Obviously blacks were king on the VT but last night I thought the all red colour slide was a tad orangey.
It's impossible to tell from a camcorded video of a TV. Actually it has the best colour accuracy. :)

David Are you back yet mate  ;D, I know its difficult to judge but i was veiwing on 2 seperate Laptops and my TV, They were all on the Same Wall but the VT was an orangey red compared to the Others, I was just saying what i saw :), On the other hand the Green and Blue looked more Saturated than any of the others.
Really Enjoyed your piece Saturday Night  ;D
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
In real life the PDPs looked more or less the same. I'll take a guess and say that different phosphor formulations and panel drive modes are picked up differently by the video camera's CCD imaging sensor and produce different looking hues on the video.

Glad you enjoyed my little improvised speech!

David what are your thoughts about VT50 vs E8000. WHich one is brighter and is VT50 alot better handling reflections? And what about dse?

Im reading lots of complaints about ir, dse and banding on panny and Samsung seems to be much better in those. Then again Samsung buzzes more, but i dont think thats a problem for me since my 51D555 buzzes too.
VE will be releasing contrast measurements, I think.

We didn't see any excessive instances of any of those things on the displays we tested - and this was randomly picked inventory, not manufacturer samples.
--

These member(s) thanked your post: