• Thank You
  • -Gave: 17
  • -Received: 71
    • View Profile
    • Kalibrate
Re: chromapure
« Reply #30 on: 11 June 2012, 09:16:49 PM »

Right, food shopping is away, so reasons are:

The i1Display Pro is Xrite's newest meter. It has built on the success of the i1LT/D2, and been improved in a few different ways:

- Integrated tripod thread allowing ease of use in a non contact form.
 - attached (neutral) diffuser
 - Sealed filters (should drift less)
 - No dark reading required
 - Large measuring eye so that it can analyse more light, and thus allows better repeatability at lower levels, and quicker measuring
Director, Kalibrate Limited (www.kalibrate.co.uk). THX Certified Video Calibrator

FoxyMulder

« Reply #31 on: 11 June 2012, 09:34:58 PM »

- attached (neutral) diffuser
 - Sealed filters (should drift less)
 - No dark reading required
 - Large measuring eye so that it can analyse more light, and thus allows better repeatability at lower levels, and quicker measuring

Is the diffuser on this model used for measuring directly from the lens of a projector and can you explain what is meant by no dark reading required. ?

It's ok, got the info on dark readings here, just wondering about the diffuser now.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1323457/i1pro-dark-readings-i-dont-get-it
« Last Edit: 11 June 2012, 10:01:11 PM by FoxyMulder »

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 368
  • -Received: 816
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 June 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
With the i1D2/LT you had to take a black level (eg the inside of a DVD case for pure black) reading every 10mins (I think it was). With this new meter you dont.

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 June 2012, 10:14:54 PM »
I will be looking to go down the DIY Route sometime now i am keeping my Sammy, I dont pretend to understand all the Jargon Speak  :-[ but maybe you guys could help me along the way  :).

I have spent the last 3 yrs Calibrating by eye and now have Remote IR on my thumb  :P
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline RJ

• Industry Insider
  • [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Kalibrate
« Reply #34 on: 11 June 2012, 10:20:14 PM »

Is the diffuser on this model used for measuring directly from the lens of a projector

Yes it is used, precisely for that :)
Director, Kalibrate Limited (www.kalibrate.co.uk). THX Certified Video Calibrator

These member(s) thanked your post:

FoxyMulder

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 June 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
I will be looking to go down the DIY Route sometime now i am keeping my Sammy, I dont pretend to understand all the Jargon Speak  :-[ but maybe you guys could help me along the way  :).

I have spent the last 3 yrs Calibrating by eye and now have Remote IR on my thumb  :P
If you get a meter from Ricky and the free HCFR software be prepaired to learn alot.  :P

If you get a meter from Ricky and his software then be prepaired to have a much easier learning experiance. Not only that but the software is awesome and easy to use.  :)

Offline RJ

• Industry Insider
  • [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Kalibrate
« Reply #36 on: 11 June 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
With the i1D2/LT you had to take a black level (eg the inside of a DVD case for pure black) reading every 10mins (I think it was). With this new meter you dont.

Close, but not quite. The I1D2/LT required one dark reading at the start of a calibration. The i1Pro spectro required dark readings every 10mins.

Offline RJ

• Industry Insider
  • [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Kalibrate
« Reply #37 on: 11 June 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

I am sure you we can get you there. The ChromaPure manual can be downloaded here: http://www.chromapure.co.uk/files/ChromaPureManual.pdf. Some of the information at the beginning and the appendices are an interesting read. I have also posted some basic information on CMS etc in our blog here: http://www.chromapure.co.uk/blog.asp.

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 June 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

Close, but not quite. The I1D2/LT required one dark reading at the start of a calibration. The i1Pro spectro required dark readings every 10mins.
Thats it  ;)
Got my D2/LT mixed with my Pro  :-[ :P

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2012, 10:36:10 PM »

I am sure you we can get you there. The ChromaPure manual can be downloaded here: http://www.chromapure.co.uk/files/ChromaPureManual.pdf. Some of the information at the beginning and the appendices are an interesting read. I have also posted some basic information on CMS etc in our blog here: http://www.chromapure.co.uk/blog.asp.

Thanks Ricky,
Iyts been a while since we spoke, How is ones good self ?  ;D. Thanks for those links i will be reading them ... Over and Over Lol  :P
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline RJ

• Industry Insider
  • [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Kalibrate
« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2012, 10:53:57 PM »

Thanks Ricky,
Iyts been a while since we spoke, How is ones good self ?  ;D. Thanks for those links i will be reading them ... Over and Over Lol  :P

Always good for a bedtime read :)

All good with me thanks, hope it is for you. It has been a while, so much so that the universal glasses now have adjustable settings, via a PC software, and work with BT sets i.e. Samsung, Panasonic etc as well as the previous IR.

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 June 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
Is that still the MK 1 version Glasses ?.

Right quick question please  :-[

This is what i have under the 2 Point WB settings on my TV

R-Offset   25
G-Offset   25
B-Offset   25

R-Gain     25
G-Gain     25
B-Gain     25

OK just say OOTB Red is High and Green is Low, Would you lower  R-Gain or R-Offset to bring it in line ? and would you Raise G-Gain or G-Offset to bring Green up ?.

I am sorry if this seems like a Dumb question but this is the sort of thing that would Stump from the get go  ::), If it was Just 'Gain' then it would be obvious to me  :).

Thank you  :)  :D

Offline JrCalibrator

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 61
  • -Received: 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 June 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
Very difficult to answer without meter and software; but one thing is sure ( especially on Panasonic but also as a general rule), do no tweak Green Bias/Gain but instead use red and blue.
There are a lot of technical reason about avoiding to tweak Green, if you can use Green as reference.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2012, 05:51:12 PM by JrCalibrator »

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 June 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
Very difficult to answer without meter and software; but one thing is sure ( especially on Panasonic but also as a general rule), do no tweak Green Bias/Gain but instead use red and blue.
There are a lot of technical reason about avoiding to tweak Green, if you can use Green as reference.

Mmm, not straight forward then  ???, When i see such detailed Calibrated settings posted when there are so many different ways to get there with some sets i wonder if i will ever grasp the fundamentals needed to calibrate my Samsung  :-[.

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #44 on: 13 June 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
You will, after enough calibrations.

When I first started and I couldn't get perfect results from the TV, I wondered if I was doing something wrong. In about 90% of the cases, I was doing everything right and was just seeing the limitations of the TV. You get more confident as you go on.
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!