• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
Re: Logic
« Reply #195 on: 18 December 2014, 10:09:18 PM »

Thanks for the free insults.
All i wanted is to help you all to achieve the highest standard of review that can be done here.
You're welcome! ::)
These guys really know what they do, even if you have hard time believing in it.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

Offline Vincent

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 222
  • -Received: 370
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 18 December 2014, 11:23:36 PM »
All i wanted is to help you all to achieve the highest standard of review that can be done here.

Unfortunately our resources (time and money) are limited, so we have to focus on what is important.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 18 December 2014, 11:56:55 PM »
Thanks for the free insults.
You're welcome! ::)
These guys really know what they do, even if you have hard time believing in it.
Knowledge=0; Intake of info=0; Assumptions=infinte; => Logic=broken.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in who it was that decided to rename the subject "Re: Logic"? :rofl: That, at least, gave me a small laugh :rofl:

(More free insults, I know...)
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 50
  • -Received: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 19 December 2014, 08:07:11 AM »

Unfortunately our resources (time and money) are limited, so we have to focus on what is important.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Very well. But does this mean you never reflect each year and make a decision regarding in what way you can improve the tests/methods you are using and what information you decide to add or remove for next year reviews ?

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Re: Why copying settings from the web won't get you a calibrated TV
« Reply #199 on: 21 December 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
Some of the things you mentioned are things that I've been wanting to include for a while (better testing of off-axis, uniformity, etc). I'd like to change the format a little going forward.

A word of advice though, Xerox. If you genuinely want to see something done, be polite about it, state your point, and leave it at that instead of pulling these nonsensical conspiracy theories out of nowhere. Your attitude of paranoia and the resulting finger-pointing are such that people could ignore any good suggestions you make out of principle.

I'd certainly like to include more repeatable testing on LCD-specific issues (off-axis and nonuniformity specifically) now that we live in a mostly LCD world. I would like to make it happen but can't promise that it will.

Quote from: Xerox
Is the reviewer that is also a professional calibrator giving me fake reviews and lying about how capable the TV fully calibrated is in order to make people buy a TV from hdtvtest and get a commission ?

I think he does !

That is why he posted the topic : "Why copying settings from the web won't get you a calibrated TV" in the first place.
I actually don't go out of my way to promote calibration services to end users, but nice try. (I do calibrate for people who specifically ask me to come out and do it, though, when practical).
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 05:07:53 PM by David Mackenzie »
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 50
  • -Received: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Why copying settings from the web won't get you a calibrated TV
« Reply #200 on: 21 December 2014, 05:50:04 PM »
Some of the things you mentioned are things that I've been wanting to include for a while (better testing of off-axis, uniformity, etc). I'd like to change the format a little going forward.

A word of advice though, Xerox. If you genuinely want to see something done, be polite about it, state your point, and leave it at that instead of pulling these nonsensical conspiracy theories out of nowhere. Your attitude of paranoia and the resulting finger-pointing are such that people could ignore any good suggestions you make out of principle.

I'd certainly like to include more repeatable testing on LCD-specific issues (off-axis and nonuniformity specifically) now that we live in a mostly LCD world. I would like to make it happen but can't promise that it will.

I actually don't go out of my way to promote calibration services to end users, but nice try. (I do calibrate for people who specifically ask me to come out and do it, though, when practical).

Excuse my rudeness, it will never happen again.
Conspiracy theories will be removed.
Paranoia i agree. It's when you know you can't change things so you just shout your rage.
Finger-pointing is again counter productive since i know very well you are completely innocent and good people but accusing you makes my case more important. {in my imagination}

The truth is i only want improvements in your reviews because i take your reviews seriously.
I am going to buy a TV next year for someone and i want to make the best choice.

Let me give you a hint, the guy at http://www.rtings.com/ is reevaluating his review structure each year and adds new tests.

For 2015 he is considering adding :
480p, 720p and 1080p up-scaling tests on 4K TVs.
PWM test.
Calibrations graphs before and after, with calibration settings revealed.
some other stuff that will be included when they redesign their test benchmarks for 2015