Author Topic:

HDTVTest CES 2013 Coverage + Master Thread

(Read 10290 times)

FoxyMulder

Re: HDTVTest CES 2013 Coverage + Master Thread
« Reply #210 on: 24 January 2013, 08:05:18 PM »

From this post it seems Bumtious is already doubting the Samsung F8500.... :chin: :no:

" don't think it will be VX prices, but there's definitely VX type features filtering down.

The interesting thing for me is 98% of the digital cinema colour space, the Mll levels and dynamic range.

The VX offers an amazing cinematic image. But like most quality products is pricey. And it is quality, no doubt about that. Personally I want better Mll than the VX offers. And like anyone else there comes a point where you have to pay a lot more for a difference.

How big that difference is against the price asked becomes an individual thing.

If the VX had the Mll that the current VT50 has I might have been interested.

For me personally I'm happy with my current VT however I suspect I'm gonna get upgrade itus once I've seen a ZT.

As for the Samsung again personally I will reserve judgement until I've seen one.

For me personally a set going extra bright is one thing (never usually matters in the home and a VT set up right is plenty bright enough if you are really serious about image quality.

The Samsung may well offer a plasma alternative to an LCD in a bright room. I'm sceptical about its Mll and overall picture integrity and stability for a serious viewer. But will reserve judgement till I've seen one.

Personally I think it will be more in the space of an ST or a GT. I don't think it will have the refinement of a VT and be nowhere near a ZT.

But that's just a gut feeling based on who I've spoken to and reading between the lines of those who have seen them and the video reviews from a few decent sites on line. "
Isn't this guy a Panasonic fanboy. ?

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2040
  • -Received: 1591
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 24 January 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
From this post it seems Bumtious is already doubting the Samsung F8500.... :chin: :no:

" don't think it will be VX prices, but there's definitely VX type features filtering down.

The interesting thing for me is 98% of the digital cinema colour space, the Mll levels and dynamic range.

The VX offers an amazing cinematic image. But like most quality products is pricey. And it is quality, no doubt about that. Personally I want better Mll than the VX offers. And like anyone else there comes a point where you have to pay a lot more for a difference.

For me personally I'm happy with my current VT however I suspect I'm gonna get upgrade itus once I've seen a ZT.

As for the Samsung again personally I will reserve judgement until I've seen one.

For me personally a set going extra bright is one thing (never usually matters in the home and a VT set up right is plenty bright enough if you are really serious about image quality.

The Samsung may well offer a plasma alternative to an LCD in a bright room. I'm sceptical about its Mll and overall picture integrity and stability for a serious viewer. But will reserve judgement till I've seen one.

Personally I think it will be more in the space of an ST or a GT. I don't think it will have the refinement of a VT and be nowhere near a ZT.

But that's just a gut feeling based on who I've spoken to and reading between the lines of those who have seen them and the video reviews from a few decent sites on line. "

Only when they perform  :P. I've seen him slate panasonics before. At least if my memory serves  :lol:
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

These member(s) thanked your post:

FoxyMulder

« Reply #212 on: 24 January 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

At least if my memory serves  :lol:
We're both getting old.  :P

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 49
  • -Received: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 25 January 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
2009 & 2010 there was black level raise
2011 & 2012 IR and burn-in problems
I hope 2013 Panasonic plasma models offers at least same picture quality than 2012 without IR and no need to get worried about burn-in.

(Had PX700 without "plasma problems", had C10 and MLL doubled, have ST50 and panel replaced because of burn-in)
« Last Edit: 25 January 2013, 03:38:03 AM by Make73 »
Samsung PS64E8000 calibration (updated 21.4.2013)
http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7040.msg29653#msg29653

Offline dimitrios007

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 16
  • -Received: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25 January 2013, 11:31:03 PM »
i think you all wil be pleasantly surprised at the pricing of panasonic tv's especially the zt60 if i read the hints from avjunkie. i know he is for NA...but its also a good indication for europe.

Offline dimitrios007

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 25 January 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
lets wait and see for the european version of ces in france  ;)

Offline dimitrios007

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 27 January 2013, 04:54:17 AM »
Ladies and gentle men NA prices are up look for yourself!   :
http://tc-p65zt60.com/?no_redirect=true
Good indication for europe ;)

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3395
  • -Received: 1850
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 27 January 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
I wonder if we will get a more acurate greyscale tracking on this years range of TV's?
« Last Edit: 27 January 2013, 06:52:41 PM by tele1962 »

Offline dimitrios007

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 27 January 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
I wonder if we will get a more acurate greayscale tracking on this years range of TV's?

Ofcourse and i expect 0,0032 cd blacklevel. At least in the same ballpark as the famous and legendary (lol) pioneer kuro 5090lx  :p or else panasonic are noobs haha :))))

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 29 January 2013, 09:26:14 PM »
Also....and here is a good one......i wonder if this years Panasonic range will be full HD in 3D? ;)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 877
  • -Received: 1966
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #220 on: 29 January 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
Doubtful. I think quite a lot of work went into designing the 3D drive mode. Not sure exactly what the reason was, though...
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer
--
Feel free to send me PMs if you need to, but please don't post the same question on the forum and in the PM. I don't have the time to respond twice, so please post in the main forum only - it'll usually get a faster response. Thanks!

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 07 February 2013, 07:29:19 AM »
HD Guru awards for best tv's CES 2013:

http://hdguru.com/hd-guru-top-picks-ces-2013-part-2/