Author Topic:

9G Pioneer KURO owners HDTVtest forum thread.

(Read 49552 times)

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
Re: 9G Pioneer KURO owners HDTVtest forum thread.
« Reply #135 on: 04 May 2014, 08:09:53 AM »

OT... But has there ever been any more news on that Crystal LED Sony technology prototype that was briefly mentioned somewhere a few years ago now David do you know ?
I can share some thoughts on that.
As you may know, Sony is now in a bad financial situation, especially the TV business.
They could've researched Crystal-LED or OLED technologies to go into some product, but they just don't have the damn money.
That's why they shut down a work on OLED with Panasonic, and that's why they'll showcase only LED LCDs in the near future. There's nothing more for them left apart from buying OEM LCD panels and put them into their products. No in-house expensive parts like panels or research are made .
I fear they may go down for good if their gamble with 4K LCDs won't be successful. That's a grim situation for all Japanese vendors now.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 04 May 2014, 11:21:40 AM »
Which I think is a shame, as I feel the Japanese have got the right attitude when it comes to making TV's and tech... I hope they can turn it around.
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

Offline stucarblne

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 37
  • -Received: 24
  • Friendly, honest, and tell it like it is bloke. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 04 May 2014, 01:30:05 PM »
No news :( It'd have been all over the front page if there was. It was wall-to-wall LED LCD at CES this year from Sony... which in a way is weirdly better than manufacturers teasing us with OLED prototypes that don't turn into real product.

Thanks for the reply anyway David.

Yeah i had a feeling that may have been the case. But had been quietly hoping there may have been whispers (even of the Chinese variety lol) especially after effectively dropping OLED.

Shame really though - as it sounded extremely promising. Especially the response times.

Offline stucarblne

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 37
  • -Received: 24
  • Friendly, honest, and tell it like it is bloke. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 06 May 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
A KURO owner on another forum is trying to find out what learning remote is suitable for the Pioneer service mode HEX code...

Does anyone know if this remote would be suitable for this ?...

http://m.hughesdirect.co.uk/accessories/remote-controls/one-urc7130/product

Thanking you :)