• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Re: 2013 Panasonic Plasma
« Reply #30 on: 02 March 2013, 05:26:03 PM »

Yes, it's very comparable. Last year when I was there I explained what differences existed in Europe (like Samsung's noise reduction problem, which will hopefully be gone now).
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline nige-b

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 March 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Is there not going to be a 65 inch ST60?

Hope so otherwise I'm not going to be able to afford a Panasonic Plasma this year  :(

Thanks.

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #32 on: 03 March 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
Yes there is in some European countries, but Panasonic won't be bringing it to the UK.
If you're in the UK, you would need to take a day-trip to France, inspect the TV for any issues, then bring it home...
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline nige-b

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 March 2013, 11:30:57 PM »
Thanks David,

That's really dissapointing ...

Hopefully one of the other manufacturers will offer a good affordable plasma in that size.

I had convinced myself plasma was the way to go but it looks like I'll be "stuck" with lcd/led.

Offline Electronboy

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 March 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
Going back to the point of price, I have seen the P42ST60B available for pre-order for 799:

http://www.ashtontv.co.uk/shop/products/-panasonictxp42st60b.htm

There are also prices for other 2013 models here:

http://www.ashtontv.co.uk/shop/httpyoutubekmpesfsvjz8/televisions/plasma/42-60/

These seems a bit more reasonable than the previous prices posted and maybe gives hope that the 2013 range will be competitively priced and more in-line with what we saw in 2012.

It looks like many retailers are taking pre-orders for stock due in at the end of March, so I guess we shall get the final word on pricing soon enough.

Given how popular the 2012 ST series proved to be and its imminent release, I don't suppose the HDTVTest powers-that-be can give an idea of when they will get/review a model? Personally I'm in the market for something a bit higher up the chain, but I think it has wider relevance to see how well the linchpin of the range performs.

Offline mrphilgood

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 March 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
This is the first review of tx-p50st60e from Poland. Without measurements and description of used modes in the last photo (st60e vs. vt50e). As you can see there are new options in menue.
http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdtv.com.pl%2Fforum%2Fpanasonic%2F96121-panasonic-tx-p50st60e-test-czyli-nowa-generacja-plazm-panasonica-puka-glosno-do.html
E.

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline Adlermann

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 48
  • -Received: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 March 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
This is the first review of tx-p50st60e from Poland. Without measurements and description of used modes in the last photo (st60e vs. vt50e). As you can see there are new options in menue.
http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdtv.com.pl%2Fforum%2Fpanasonic%2F96121-panasonic-tx-p50st60e-test-czyli-nowa-generacja-plazm-panasonica-puka-glosno-do.html
E.

a site that recommends turning CATS on should not be considered a reliable source for reviews.
panasonic tx-p55vt60 | Panasonic DBT 360 | Mac Mini 2011 base model | Denon 1911 AVR | Wharfedale diamond 10.5, CM, 10.1 | Playstation 4 | Super Nintentdo Entertainment System | Beer

Offline Orso

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 39
  • -Received: 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 March 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Holy Fxxk !

Does "ustaw luminancji panelu" mean "panel brightness" ? That would mean EU sets would FINALLY get this setting,  therefore allowing ppl to calibrate @mid panel brightness like in US.
Ffs Panasonic, I was banking on the Sammy this year :/

Edit : 10pt settings on the ST ? WTF is going on ?
« Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 02:25:25 PM by Orso »

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 March 2013, 02:24:09 PM »
Holy Fxxk !

Does "ustaw luminancji panelu" mean "panel brightness" ? That would mean EU sets would FINALLY get this setting,  therefore allowing ppl to calibrate @mid panel brightness like in US.

That looks like it to me Orso. :clap:

PS
I hope they don't remove it for the UK modes. :o
« Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 02:25:46 PM by tele1962 »

Offline xcloudx

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 8
  • -Received: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 March 2013, 03:28:59 PM »
David, when are you planning to get one of these sets for review? I'll wait your reviews before buy...

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 March 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
Holy Fxxk !

Okay, if it's true, then I already want to go for 55ST60. :o Or even 65ST60, if they finally reach CIS region.
More brightness controls and 10-pt WB sounds great. Not to mention Custom preset, 4:4:4 and Game Mode switchable for each preset.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #41 on: 07 March 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
Holy Fxxk !

:nod:

David, when are you planning to get one of these sets for review? I'll wait your reviews before buy...
Last year's ST50 came here at around this time. I'd hope that we'll have a 2013 Plasma here soon, and the ST is usually first.
--

Offline don123

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10 March 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
Is it true that ST60 models are using Mediatek 5590 SOC?
In ST50 models they used Panasonic own SOC (UniPhier MN2WS02 ARM Cortex 9, 2x1000@MHz).
I did not find any official specifications for Mediatek 5590 so I have no idea how it compares to UniPhier MN2WS02. It was only mentioned on one forum that 5590 is probably 900-1000MHz.

I think that new SOC is also used in ET60 series LED LCD display.

I'm interested is this Mediatek SOC better or worse than Uniphier if accounting deinterlacing (SD/HD and video/film), scaling and luma/chroma resolution ? I see ST60 series don't even offer PVR function to record tv programs to USB HDD so I assume this is a step down model in some ways.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2013, 03:14:42 PM by don123 »

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 March 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
I'm interested is this Mediatek SOC better or worse than Uniphier if accounting deinterlacing (SD/HD and video/film), scaling and luma/chroma resolution ? I see ST60 series don't even offer PVR function to record tv programs to USB HDD so I assume this is a step down model in some ways.
Read the first reviews, they're already published here. New models already have better scaling/deinterlacing, and some nice additional functions like full Luma/Chroma support (4:4:4), 10-point white balance adjustment, etc. They were absent in UniPhier MN2WS02 in last year's ST50.
It doesn't matter what components were used. End-user must be concerned only about the actual performance. And it looks like it got better, that's what really matters.

I've seen many people going "boo-hoo" because of MediaTek chips. So what? The actual performance relies not only on hardware, but software, too. Panasonic sure knows how to implement a properly working video-processing system whether it's based on MediaTek or whatnot. I'm sure ST60's video processing performance will be in line with E6 and ET60 reviewed. And they're pretty cool.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2013, 03:40:51 PM by FoxHounder »
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #44 on: 10 March 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
I'm not sure why people would be upset at the use of Mediatek. They've been fantastic whenever I worked with them.
--