Author Topic:

Unlock CAL-DAY CAL-NIGHT (N/D) from service menu, Expert sub-menu?

(Read 40886 times)

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 56
  • -Received: 64
    • View Profile

David or someone else, could it be possible to share how to unlock those from Samsungīs service menu or is it secret for only ISF/THX-calibrators?
If so, then have to search servicemanual from deep in the net  :)

Read that thereīs also "ALL" setting which affects all settings are copied to every input, which would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 04:20:38 AM by Make73 »

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Re: Unlock CAL-DAY CAL-NIGHT from service menu?
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
I need to ask Samsung when I get the chance. My understanding is that it's a service menu toggle but it's grayed out on the Euro models. Perhaps there's something I'm missing.
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
I need to ask Samsung when I get the chance. My understanding is that it's a service menu toggle but it's grayed out on the Euro models. Perhaps there's something I'm missing.

David if i remember rightly i think it's pressing a sequence of buttons on the remote to unlock Day & Night for some of the Sammy's but i never wrote down which ones.  :huh:

Not sure about the copy all function?

I could be wrong though......... :chin:
« Last Edit: 26 March 2013, 05:07:11 PM by tele1962 »

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
Ok, thanks David.
Hope they fix that also for Euro models.

Found other interesting things from AVS Forums and SamyGO, like enabling PVR record and 10-point calibration for lower end 2-point models.
I have cheap UE-32EH4005 model to practise for PS64E8000 model  ;D

Offline Orso

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 39
  • -Received: 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2013, 05:08:15 PM »
David or someone else, could it be possible to share how to unlock those from Samsungīs service menu or is it secret for only ISF/THX-calibrators?

Read that thereīs also "ALL" setting which affects all settings are copied to every input, which would be very helpful.

Shame on you who doesn't know David's review by heart !

US Service Menu trick : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1234637/official-samsung-lnxxc630-c650-owners-thread/5010#post_19892779

There is also probably a possibility to unlock this feature with a custom ROM/FW (ppl love to toy with Samsung sets), but I would not tagged it as "safe".

Edit : here we go, "samygo" thx Make73.

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

Shame on you who doesn't know David's review by heart !

US Service Menu trick : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1234637/official-samsung-lnxxc630-c650-owners-thread/5010#post_19892779

There is also probably a possibility to unlock this feature with a custom ROM/FW (ppl love to toy with Samsung sets), but I would not tagged it as "safe".

Edit : here we go, "samygo" thx Make73.

Thanks!

Sure I know Davidīs review, read that already many times and also noticed that N/D is grayed out with Euro models, actually Iīm just point where Expert is grayed out and try to figure out how to access it.
Advanced 0000 code (type 0000 on Advaced) seems not to work with this model...or actually that works but Picture_2D and Picture_3D are also grayed out and no dimming option.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/13049275-post498.html

Just thought if anyone tried that thing with newest firmware?

http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1112&start=170#p17046
Info Menu Mute Power is other way to access service menu (from standby)
Attention, you may ruin your set if you donīt know what to do!
Entering service menu also reset all picture settings!

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Remote_Control_emulator:_send_custom_IR_codes
Read that "Build your own IR transmitter" trick could work. ruSamsungTVCommunicator may not always work but that DIY IR transmitter works like factoryremote and sending FACTORY+3SPEED (.wav file) with that should open locked service menu options.
Any volunteers  ;D
Itīs very cheap to test
edit: Just placed order for two IR LED and 3.5mm stereo plug  :) Will report when tested
edit2: Bought also service manual for PS64E8000 (4euro from web)
edit3: Got parts today, I will test that at Easter holidays.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 01:57:43 PM by Make73 »

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Unlock CAL-DAY CAL-NIGHT (N/D) from service menu, Expert sub-menu?
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
IR transmitter was easy to make, took only few minutes and was really cheap (~2,5Ģ) and it works just fine. Send .wav files from laptop headphones out.
(You have to be close enough from TV)
Tried that for Samsung UE-32EH4005, played Factory and 3Speed files separately because that Factory+3Speed combination file didnīt worked for me.
That unlocked lotīs of settings (like local area if you bought set from other country) but sadly I couldnīt unlock Expert where that N/D (cal-night cal-day) setting is. Also some other settings stay grayed like Advanced (after typing 0000 on that).
Tried also Info (both remote and factory Info) Factory 3Speed combination but not succeed.

I bought PS64E8000 from German (I live in Finland) and everything seems to work just fine (using cable tuner) so Iīm not sure when Iīll test that IR transmitter trick for that model if it would unlock Expert.
Donīt know if it brakes warranty, 2000€ is too much to loose at this time.

edit:
Couldnīt resist, tried that Factory 3Speed also for PS64E8000 and no success, Expert stays grayed.
Changed local from EU to Nordic and model from 8000 to 8005 and after that done factory reset.
I was little scared because Samsung Nordic states that 2004 is newest version but already installed 2005 version which found over net, luckily everything gone fine  :)
Now cable tuner tuned channels to right order.

I hope Samsung will unlock that Expert setting also for Euro calibrators, maby David could make that happen sooner  ;)

Placed question to SamyGO
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5728
If you like you can download also service manual from there.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2013, 04:14:51 AM by Make73 »

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2015, 08:28:59 AM »
At last Samsung gives also to other than North Americans chance to unlock CAL-NIGHT and CAL-DAY, just by going to service menu and simply unlock that.

-TV Standby
-Press remote Info+Menu+Mute+Power
-SCV
-Other Setting
-Expert
-N/D ADJ
-OFF to ON
-Press return
-Source Current to All
-Return back to start
-Power off and repower
-Now CAL-DAY/NIGHT is unlocked  ;D

Hours of usage found also from service menu.
btw, is there native 200/240Hz panel (look at first and second picture)?

Warning, donīt do anything else at service menu if you donīt know what to do!!!
Going to service menu will reset your settings so write those down before going there!

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2015, 12:36:22 PM »
Nice! ;) (Although, I hope that last picture is just for the purpose of illustration; that you don't use Dynaaminen mode :P)

IDK about the panel, but my guess would be that it's just for info and that the panel itself is a 50 Hz panel (perhaps with 240 Hz backlight scanning) ???
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

Offline Make73

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
Nice! ;) (Although, I hope that last picture is just for the purpose of illustration; that you don't use Dynaaminen mode :P)

IDK about the panel, but my guess would be that it's just for info and that the panel itself is a 50 Hz panel (perhaps with 240 Hz backlight scanning) ???

No, I donīt use Dynamic mode :)

Panel is at least 100/120Hz (read from reviews), donīt know about backlight scanning.

Maby David is familiar with different panel codes?

edit:
Found only two 75" S(amsung)D(isplay)C(o.) Full HD panels, it could be that one:
http://www.panelook.com/LTA750HQ01_SAMSUNG_75_LCM_parameter_21386.html
« Last Edit: 08 February 2015, 12:40:18 PM by Make73 »