Offline Mazinger

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 12
  • -Received: 4
    • View Profile
Re: PS4.
« Reply #30 on: 05 January 2014, 03:42:15 PM »

Being a gamer myself, I'd like to help some guys out here. You can pick up a PS4 for 335 from Costco (go in with someone who has a membership if you don't)

Currys currently has it the cheapest at 325ish but you have to be an O2 customer and get the 25 voucher from O2 Priority Moments (can be pay as you go customer too!)

Sainsburys occasionally get them in every day 349 so pop in the mornings like 9am.

Also, I had one but just gave it to my nephew as there aren't any appealing games for me yet.

If there isn't a game on the current list that you really want, then stay away. That way you'll pick one up for cheap when you do get a PS4.

PSN+ is practically a MUST for PS4 as most if not all games need PSN+ to play online (like Xbox GOLD membership) so bare that in mind as a PSN+ 1 year membership will set you back 30-40.

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 50
  • -Received: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2014, 05:02:07 PM »
Thinking about preordering the PS4, or do you lads think I should wait until it's released. :chin:

PS4 outdated as soon as this year we get 7850/7870 successor.

PS4 will get lower price after a redesign when they move to 20nm / 14nm.

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 368
  • -Received: 816
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 January 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
Shopto.net had some PS4s come in.
Not sure what they have left.
With Ps+ you get to play games online with the PS4 get a free game every month too. it's also jointly linked to other devices with the same login info etc so for me that means my ps3 which will grant me a few games for free, avatars, themes and if I had a vita games etc for that for the one price.

Offline Mazinger

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 January 2014, 09:19:39 PM »
Thinking about preordering the PS4, or do you lads think I should wait until it's released. :chin:

A PS4 slim won't be out until atleast 2 years minimum, if going by their PS3 cycle.

The original PS3 came out in May 2007, the slim came in september 2009 and the super slim came in 2012.

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 January 2014, 07:08:04 AM »

A PS4 slim won't be out until atleast 2 years minimum, if going by their PS3 cycle.

The original PS3 came out in May 2007, the slim came in september 2009 and the super slim came in 2012.

Price cuts same as PS3 cycle.

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 January 2014, 08:14:17 AM »
PS4 has games, though. It makes PS4 a better choice for gamer, not a geek, who spends more time playing 3D Mark and drivers updates.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

These member(s) thanked your post:

FoxyMulder

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 January 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
PC has games too. It makes PC a better choice for gamers that spend no money on games.

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 January 2014, 01:42:38 PM »
PC has games too. It makes PC a better choice for gamers that spend no money on games.
Why not start a PC gaming thread. :)
I go console gaming as my mates console game and I haven't got the funds to build a high end gaming.

On topic my PS4 will be arriving between 3-4pm. Today is dragging.

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 January 2014, 03:17:59 PM »
I go console gaming as my mates console game and I haven't got the funds to build a high end gaming.

But in order to play anything you need to buy games.
You can build the same system on PC with same budget.

Offline Mazinger

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 January 2014, 04:32:33 PM »

I was going to build my own PC but realised, it wasn't the best move, financially. I mean, I have a console and laptop, if I get a PC, I'll be using much more power and plus need more space and PCs need a lot of care and cleaning.

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 January 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

But if I was interested or had any friends who PC game I would be talking about it in a PC thread. ;)

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 January 2014, 06:12:21 PM »
First impressions of the PS4 are great.
love the new slick interface, and the fan noise is quiter than my ps3 slim.
Only thing I've noticed is the PS4 is a bit on the warm side.

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 January 2014, 06:19:36 PM »

I was going to build my own PC but realised, it wasn't the best move, financially. I mean, I have a console and laptop, if I get a PC, I'll be using much more power and plus need more space and PCs need a lot of care and cleaning.

There are plenty of Mini ITX boards, that can fit in tiny cases, buy a normal PSU, a hard drive, 8 gb ram, a 7870 successor (coming this year q1 probably) and play all games that are not exclusive to PS4 on better graphics settings.

System OS like Windows 7 no longer slows down like windows XP did in the past. Windows 9 will probably use tablet like specification (much lower than 7 or 8) and performance in games will be top notch.

Nvidia is not selling any GPU in consoles and since consoles are x86 architecture there will be plenty of games on x86 platforms.

Advantages of mini itx build :
-Same price as PS4
-Small size but good performance PC that can be carried anywhere just like PS4.
-Can play any game just like PS4.
-You have the option to chose what OS you want.
-You have the option to simply get pirated games and never pay for them, without the risk of breaking your system (just crack the game locally), unlike PS4 (where a system hack is needed, that may still break your PS4 or when new firmwares appear)

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06 January 2014, 06:31:34 PM »
I know this is PS4 topic and i should be making a PC topic, but think about how bad Sony did with securing the accounts of users with the PS3.

It tells you they care nothing about their users. ( they are treating them just as cash cows ).

FoxyMulder

« Reply #44 on: 06 January 2014, 08:49:07 PM »
I know this is PS4 topic and i should be making a PC topic, but think about how bad Sony did with securing the accounts of users with the PS3.

It tells you they care nothing about their users. ( they are treating them just as cash cows ).
No one in the world is safe from hackers, some of these people hack into the Pentagon, i don't blame Sony, they are doing their best and you learn from these things.