Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox one or ps4?
« Reply #15 on: 19 January 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

Hi, i was just wondering which games console you prefer PS4 or XBOX ONE  ???
Kinda hard to say since neither are out.

I don't have much interest in modern video games (they try too hard to imitate movies) but if I end up with either, it's more likely to be PS4 at this stage owed to Microsoft's inept marketing and would-be-DRM.
Games were the most fun when they weren't so serious (like doom, quake, duke nukem, etc).
I agree, i remember trying Gran Turismo, supposed to have realistic cars and environments and driving but i was bored to tears by it, the more they shoot for realism in some of these games the more they sometimes forget to add entertainment to the mix, nothing beats a good Mario game on the Nintendo.
Zelda

::)
I remember buying a Super Nintendo just to play a Zelda game, now you can get software emulators and play all the old classics from your PC, is that legal ?  hmmm maybe not - just as well i don't do that.  :lol:
Hmmm... Nope, that's not legal :lol: I've actually tried using my PC to output a Zelda game for Wii, from an emulator, to my TV and it was soooooooooooooooo much better than my actual Wii did it. 1080p and rendered by a PC about 99999 times more powerful than the wii... It's a shame Nintendo haven't produced any powerful consoles since the GameCube, not to mention how good the N64 was back in the day :no: I miss those N64-days ::)
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
PS4 over the X1 any day for me, btw ;)
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.

Offline SteveeW

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3
  • -Received: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile

Offline TV Dinner

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 22
  • -Received: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 March 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1394193537
PS4 - 1080p
Xbox One 720p

What do you think about this? I thought the difference between the two system was negliable, didn't game developers say so? Is it simply because the games are optimized for PS4 and then ported over to Xbox?

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
PS4 has a better balance thanks to the GDDR5 memory onboard.
Xbox Juan uses DDR3 with the aid of high-speed 32 Mb ESRAM.
It looks like that small ESRAM pool is a bottleneck, while PS4 manages to work with larger data needed for 1080p framebuffer.

Developers won't say anything radical due to political reasons. They don't want to upset anybody, you know. However, you can't hide the obvious - many multiplatform titles run better on PS4 right now.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
Xbox Juan
;D

PS Quadruple!
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline TV Dinner

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 March 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
I was planning to get the Xbox One, but it's beginning to look like like PS4 has already won the next generation console war. I'm honestly not that concerned about 720p vs 1080p, but if game developers prefer to work with the PS4, it will probably get the best library of games.

The only reason I'm reluctant to get a PS4 is that I'm a little sceptical about the controller pad. I've never been comfortable with the Playstation controller, especially the placement of the left thumbstick. I haven't tried the new one yet, though.

Offline paukku

• [Standard] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Received: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2014, 09:48:21 PM »
I was planning to get the Xbox One, but it's beginning to look like like PS4 has already won the next generation console war. I'm honestly not that concerned about 720p vs 1080p, but if game developers prefer to work with the PS4, it will probably get the best library of games.

The only reason I'm reluctant to get a PS4 is that I'm a little sceptical about the controller pad. I've never been comfortable with the Playstation controller, especially the placement of the left thumbstick. I haven't tried the new one yet, though.

PS4 controller is definitely better in just about every way than PS3 controller besides the stupid LED light which is idiotic because my TV reflects the LED so brightly. And you can't turn it off.

Offline TV Dinner

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 March 2014, 10:10:27 PM »
PS4 controller is definitely better in just about every way than PS3 controller besides the stupid LED light which is idiotic because my TV reflects the LED so brightly. And you can't turn it off.

I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm very curious to check it out. The layout of the Xbox 360 controller has always felt very natural to me though (except for the useless D-pad which is rarely used anyway), so it'll be interesting to see how this compares. :)

Offline Insanity202

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 368
  • -Received: 816
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 March 2014, 10:40:09 PM »

Personally doesn't bother me but there is some vynal things you can get to cover the light.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IO7FTMA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Offline paukku

• [Standard] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Received: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 March 2014, 10:59:01 PM »
I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm very curious to check it out. The layout of the Xbox 360 controller has always felt very natural to me though (except for the useless D-pad which is rarely used anyway), so it'll be interesting to see how this compares. :)

360 controller is definitely a solid controller except for the d-pad. But to be fair, I wouldn't choose one console over another just because the other console may have a better gamepad. I've never used Xbone controller so I can't really say whether it's better than PS4 controller. All I can say is that PS4 controller is good.

Personally doesn't bother me but there is some vynal things you can get to cover the light.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IO7FTMA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

It's doesn't really bother me either but it's still pretty stupid.

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2014, 04:16:59 AM »
You should try it out, it was really improved over DualShock 3.
They didn't change the shape that much, but it feels much more comfortable in hands.
I know many people who liked X360 controller better, and they're pretty happy with DualShock 4.
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2014, 10:11:25 AM »
You should try it out, it was really improved over DualShock 3.
They didn't change the shape that much, but it feels much more comfortable in hands.
I know many people who liked X360 controller better, and they're pretty happy with DualShock 4.
:bye:I'm on of those... I have had most consoles since the NES, and I think the Xbox 360's controller is superior in almost every way to the PS3's. Layout, triggers resistance in sticks and the way it fits in my hands. When I got the PS3 I couldn't remember the PS2 feeling like that... It felt uncomfortable, and those damn triggers are still to this day pathetic. However, I quickly got used to the Dualshock again, even if gaming on the X360 alway felt extra good. This generation, the PS4 controller is more or less on par with the X360's when it comes to ergonomics, I feel. And the triggers, although not quite as lovely as those on the X360, are fixed and they feel very good! I think anyone will get used to the layout and the slightly different overall feel. Buying a console based on it's gamepad is tremendously stupid (no offense!) this generation, because of the significant difference between the consoles. Even if it was still a case of X360 vs. PS3 controller, the choice of console itself and all that comes with it will have a MUCH bigger impact on the gaming experience, unless you don't care about visuals and what games are coming and how third party support will be... Right now it looks like the PS4 is cheaper, more powerful and that developers find it better to program for. This may change later, given the architecture of the X1 has that esRAM, but I doubt the X1 will ever make games run better than the PS4. The PS4 also has GDDR5 (right?), which I'm not sure is going to show it's full potential just yet..?

Btw, I think the Nintendo Gamecube's controller is even better that the X360 even if it has a slightly cheaper feel. That thing is like made to be one with the hands of the gamer :lol: Unless you have very big hands... :P

Offline TV Dinner

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2014, 09:40:28 PM »
Btw, I think the Nintendo Gamecube's controller is even better that the X360 even if it has a slightly cheaper feel. That thing is like made to be one with the hands of the gamer :lol: Unless you have very big hands... :P

I fully agree about the Gamecube controller. That's my favorite controller of all time. I wish Nintendo would have stuck with this basic design and improved it instead of always trying to reinvent the wheel.