Author Topic:

Benq W7500 Projector!

(Read 27280 times)

FoxyMulder

Benq W7500 Projector!
« on: 08 January 2014, 06:25:58 PM »

A review here.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projectorjunkies.com%2F%3Fp%3D1712

I wonder something, they mention ansi contrast being better than the competition at this price range but native contrast is 1880:1, that number seems low but considering all the other good things about DLP technology i do wonder if it would satisfy most people, i wonder if calibrators could get more out of it since the secret menu allows you to clamp the iris brightness down to suit your screen size.

It's such a shame that these DLP models have so much going for them except native contrast, i wonder if in real world movie viewing whether the native contrast would draw attention to itself, i wish this site could get one in to test, i'd prefer you wait a few months after release though since Benq always update firmware to improve sharpness and other small issues.

These member(s) thanked your post:

FoxyMulder

Re: Benq W7500 Projector!
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
Please test this projector, also mask the black bars area and watch some films on it and don't just rely on what the meter tells you, i have a suspicion it would impress as long as you can't see the black bars area, test it with RF 3D glasses too and a film like House Of Wax or Madagascar 3, don't test with DLP link glasses which damage the 3D image too much.  I'd like to see David do the review.  Use the secret menu to clamp iris down too.

If you do a review be aware the Benq 3D glasses don't completely filter the red, if you must test using DLP link then use the Optoma ZD 201 3D glasses which work best with DLP link. The Benq needs a gamma of 2.2 i think as 2.4 clips shadow detail, at least that is what i am reading on several sites.

Oh and please may i ask again that a link to all projector reviews is provided on the main review page of the site.

Can i also request a 30 minute grace before that annoying edited message appears.  :bash:
« Last Edit: 10 February 2014, 09:39:36 PM by FoxyMulder »

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 173
  • -Received: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2014, 12:27:01 AM »
For 3D-movies, DLP should indeed be the best solution, at least in terms of crosstalk.

ANSI is a weak point of SXRD and D-ILA, but MLL, as you already said, is pretty weak with DLP. Mr. Katzmaier measured in his specific room with his specific screen 0.06 cdm/2 with the BenQ 1070 and 0.006 cd/m2 with the JVC X30 D-ILA projector.

But the iris on the W7500 could be interesting! Why do they hide this function?

Offline JL_?

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 164
  • -Received: 195
  • M.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2014, 12:21:40 PM »
DLP is the king in the below 1K euros segment. At the price the W7500 demands, you 'd better get yourself a JVC X35...
Not what man knows, but what man feels concerns art. All else is science...
-Bernard Berenson, 1897-