• Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile

Here we go, the live feed for tonight:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/632436

It says:
Quote from: Value Electronics on Livestream
Our live webcast will begin at 6PM EST sharp today!

(By which I think they mean 6PM EDT, due to daylight savings now?)

So, it starts at 23:00 tonight for you guys over in the UK, and here in Norway it's 00:00. A bit late for me, but I'll probably have a look anyway :clap:

So, who's watching the live feed tonight/today? :bye:
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
Me Me Me. :clap:

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 173
  • -Received: 58
    • View Profile
Me me me me me me!  :clap:

Offline HajdukSplit

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 7
  • -Received: 3
    • View Profile
+ 1   :)

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Ready for round two tonight? :)

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Ready for round two tonight? :)
I'll probably have a look sometime tonight! However, I've watched most of last night's video when I got up this morning. I also saw a lot of frustration in the online messages about not getting their questions asked and answered..? About OLED screen uniformity... Maybe nobody noticed? :P

I am hoping the camera angle is going to be better this time around, as last night's positioning was quite shite, TBH :P Can't really complain, though, as I'm grateful for Robert Zohn's efforts to get as many people involved as possible! ;) What I do have a little complaint about, though, is the fact that much of the audience/crowd seemed to not show enough respect to sit down or at least shut the f**k up when David, Dewayne and Kevin were going to continue their presentations... I hope the audience is more "attentive" tonight :nod:

Man, I loved Joe Kane's presentation! Never seen him talk before. Straight to business, no BS there! Very informative, too :clap:
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.

Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
I agree with everything you are saying Setem, I do know they are working to fix the problems from last night.
I thought the camera angle from last year was just about right.

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Yep, Bazza, last years camera angle was fine :) Not that we can deduce much about the displays' comparative picture qualities without actually being there, but at least last year the angle gave a better feel for what it was like being in the room... If that makes sense. Also I think some of the LCD's would look less washed out if the camera was placed more centred with regards to the display wall.

I have to read some physics, but I'll probably have a look later ;)

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
D-Nice is a secret keeper. Ok, so there is a certain mix for the numbers of contrast and "OLED light" to make the 20point isf work. Ok. But what are these numbers exactly?  ???

If I'd have tu guess, I'd say contrast not at the usually 97 and afterwards the wanted light output with "OLED light", but some strange number like contrast at 80 or something.

Important: Did D-Nice really said about a full field of white only 13 ftl??! That would be 44 cd/m2 versus the 82 cd/m2 from last year's model!  ??? Or did he say 30 ftl (101 cd/m2)?

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
D-Nice is a secret keeper. Ok, so there is a certain mix for the numbers of contrast and "OLED light" to make the 20point isf work. Ok. But what are these numbers exactly?  ???

OLED LIGHT 60 and Contrast 100 was the recommendations given. My questions are A) why is this necessary and B) why does the TV not select this for you when you use the 20pt Grayscale control.

Contrast 100 clips white though, so that is not a fully workable solution. I don't understand how a display can carry an ISF logo with this sort of thing.
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Thanks David.  :clap:

And the gamma tracking is just horrible. If it stays this way, last year's model would be the better buying option for the people, who are satisfied with only 55 inch.

Offline arenaman

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 48
  • -Received: 57
    • View Profile
So which TV won then? Hope it wasn't the HU8500 with its blue bars  :rofl:

PS I didn't know David was American, I assumed he was Scottish, unless he's adopted the accent  ;)
65" VT65, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455,DA E670 SKY HD+. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp Harmony One.

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
I watched the rest of "day two" of the Shootout today... Great event! Thanks for asking our questions from the web at the end there! Also, I felt that day two was much improved from day one - better camera angle, a much more polite and attentive audience, and... Larry Weber! I think we all dig that guy :lol:

I actually laughed when he asked if the F8500 could have some handicap points for the extreme vertical angle in the middle of it all :rofl:

Well, this year's Shootout turned out to be more likeable than I had expected - what with plasma gone and the wall full of LCD's - and I think this is really down all to the people who make it happen. So, a big thanks to you guys!

Now I'm just waiting for the results, and praying for the OLED's and especially rooting for the F8500 to hang on to its crown :nod:

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
Dr Larry Weber is a complete gem :worthy:
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline ConnecTED

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 15
  • -Received: 53
  • www.displaycalibrations.com
    • View Profile
    • Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
Larry Weber! I think we all dig that guy :lol:I actually laughed when he asked if the F8500 could have some handicap points for the extreme vertical angle in the middle of it all :rofl:

Dr. Weber, amazing scientist! I liked when he started to talk by mentoning the 8K Plasma....since all were talking for 4K, loool

It's true, like he said, that all other manufacters were hunting to reach plasma level of performance all these years.
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - www.displaycalibrations.com

S/W: LightSpace CMS Full, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL

VP: eeColor 3D LUT Box, DARBEE - PG: DVDO AVLab TPG

Meters: JETI 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO1, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5