Offline ConnecTED

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 15
  • -Received: 53
  • www.displaycalibrations.com
    • View Profile
    • Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

''Congratulations to all the TVs participating in the evaluation event for their great technological advancements. This year was a close competition with many excellent contenders. We had a variety of flagship displays, both curved and flat panels, 1080p and 4K Ultra HD, as well as Plasma, LED, and OLED technologies.

Here are the results of the voting on the different attributes of picture quality and performance. OLEDs infinite black levels and contrast ratio won the attention of videophiles and enthusiasts. The King of TV for 2014 is LG's 55EC9300 OLED!''

From Value Electronics Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ValueElectronics
« Last Edit: 18 August 2014, 11:24:53 PM by ConnecTED »
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - www.displaycalibrations.com

S/W: LightSpace CMS Full, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL

VP: eeColor 3D LUT Box, DARBEE - PG: DVDO AVLab TPG

Meters: JETI 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO1, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 173
  • -Received: 58
    • View Profile
Here are the results of the voting on the different attributes of picture quality and performance. OLEDs infinite black levels and contrast ratio won the attention of videophiles and enthusiasts. The King of TV for 2014 is LG's 55EC9300 OLED!'
So the TV with undefeatable DNR, wrong colors and horrible gamma tracking is declared winner. Oh boy.  :bash: :no:

This is the third year in a row, the audience choose the wrong TV. First the Sharp Elite with his color decoding error, then the F8500 for his light outout and now this:no:

They even voted the Samsung-Plasma above the Samsung-OLED. Also, the voting for motion resolution is odd.

When do we get the detailed results of our five experts???  :clap: :worthy:

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
So which TV won then? Hope it wasn't the HU8500 with its blue bars  :rofl:
On the hifi-forum.de we have two guys, coming from a KRP-500A, who claim, that the blacklevel of the HU8500 would trump the KURO!  :bash: :lol:

Offline FoxHounder

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 704
  • -Received: 985
    • View Profile
So which TV won then? Hope it wasn't the HU8500 with its blue bars  :rofl:
On the hifi-forum.de we have two guys, coming from a KRP-500A, who claim, that the blacklevel of the HU8500 would trump the KURO!  :bash: :lol:
We owe such guys for a plasma decline. Changing the fidelity of KRP-500A to a mediocre curved LCD? Way to go... :bash:
Their black levels are only comparable when HU8500 shuts down the backlight on full black screen. :lol:
Video: Panasonic TX-PR55VT60 + Pioneer BDP-140
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR626 + Boston Acoustics CS260 II 5.1

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline ConnecTED

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 15
  • -Received: 53
  • www.displaycalibrations.com
    • View Profile
    • Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

''We have a correction to our early determination on the 2014 King of TV. LG's EC9300 OLED won in the most categories and in the most important categories, however, if all the categories are averaged for each TV, the F8500 comes out slightly higher overall. So this year we are declaring a tie between the LG EC9300 OLED and Samsung F8500 plasma, with the expert calibrators' top pick as the Samsung OLED! Congrats to the excellent Samsung, Sony, and LG displays competing in the event.''

Taken from Value Electronics Facebook Page
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - www.displaycalibrations.com

S/W: LightSpace CMS Full, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL

VP: eeColor 3D LUT Box, DARBEE - PG: DVDO AVLab TPG

Meters: JETI 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO1, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 2049
  • -Received: 1597
  • 'The truth Is out there'
    • View Profile
God you guys really need to snap out of it!!
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
God you guys really need to snap out of it!!
???
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline agk360

• [Dynamic] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 85
  • -Received: 16
    • View Profile
David this year you are not gonna publish the Experts' Votes?
Greetings
Panasonic TCP60 GT50W, Samsung EH4000, Panasonic BDT 220U, Philips BDP 5200 & Xbox 360 Arcade

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
We were so rushed getting 2160p to (just about!) work on 8 displays that voting was for the last thing on our minds!

But ask any of us and we'll tell you the same: the OLEDs are great but have some issues, the F8500 plasma is a great all-rounder, and none of us really care for the LCDs, UHD or not.
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

Offline SETEM

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1256
  • -Received: 413
    • View Profile
Btw, why didn't Vizio make the cut? (I can't remember if it was this which had to do with them not being able to be ready in time..? Or was that just for their Reference series?)
Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y, PS4, PS3, X360, Wii, Pioneer VSX-421, Sony SS-FCR4000 5.0, Yamaha YST-FSW100.
(Panasonic TX-P50G30Y, Pioneer PDP-LX5090, Panasonic TX-P42ST60Y)

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
I don't think it was submitted in time. None of us ever saw a Vizio display at VE.
--

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
I didn't see a camera angle worthy of veiwing an LCD. I couldn't be happier with my LCD the way its set up. Plasma is long gone, Oled is flawed thus far. Its going to be years yet before I change my current tv.
Sony KDL-55W905, Pana TX-L37LZD80, Panasonic DMP-BDT310, Pana DMP-BD60, Oppo BDP-103DMZ, Sky HD 1TB, Yamaha RXV 675, 7.1ch, 2x Kef Q300C, 4X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Kef Q600C Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650. Sennheiser RS160 Phones, iPad 4 64GB.

Offline MarcWessels

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
So, I assume, you don't watch "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 2" then?  ;D

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
I didn't see a camera angle worthy of veiwing an LCD.
You mean in the photos people attending took? I agree, it's ridiculous to make assessments of picture quality based on those.

Of course, the Klein K10-As were pointed at exactly zero degrees facing the screens, and the contrast measurements that resulted from that are freely available.
--

Offline panman40

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
I meant on the live feed, I popped in briefly but was tired and didn't think there was anything I could comment on in the banter section.

I don't have a K10, I do have a meter and software and along with my eyes tells me my LCD tv is very accurate if viewed properly, infact its the best television I have owned to date. 3D greyscale and brightness is the best I have seen.

I have bought a projector albeit bottom of the range, I have only viewed it briefly but ootb 3D greyscale is the worst I have seen but I'm hoping to fix that.

I would like to think there was a 3D section / talk in the shootout but as I said I only caught a few minutes.