Author Topic:

Samsung UE55HU7500 - adding apps, help needed!

(Read 5317 times)

Offline foundationsmcr

• Out Of The Box
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 1
  • -Received: 0
    • View Profile
Samsung UE55HU7500 - adding apps, help needed!
« on: 27 January 2015, 02:32:06 PM »

Hi people, I've owned the HU7500 for a few weeks now and I wondered if I'm missing something with the apps?  Am I right in thinking that the only apps available are the ones on the main Smart Hub App page?  I was expecting there to be a much bigger range of apps available?

As an aside, I've calibrated the TV following some online guidance and the picture is phenomenal.  I'll break the TV in before considering paying extra for any further tweaking, but does anyone have any tips/recommendations for things I should do to get the best out of the TV?

Currently running; Now TV box, Sky HD (with Fibre Pro), Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts set up and a Samsung wireless soundbar.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Vincent

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 222
  • -Received: 370
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung UE55HU7500 - adding apps, help needed!
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2015, 08:06:52 AM »
Hi

I don't have a Samsung HU7500 at hand to verify, but from experience you can download more apps by clicking on the [Samsung Apps] icon. Instructions here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1052455

For starter settings, use [Movie Mode], set [Picture Size] to "Screen Fit", switch off [Digital Clean View] and [MPEG Noise Filter], and it's a good base. To improve upon this, you'll have to consider advanced calibration either yourself or hiring a professional.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Offline Xerox

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 50
  • -Received: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung UE55HU7500 - adding apps, help needed!
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
Or get lucky with some calibration settings.