Offline tele1962

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 3505
  • -Received: 1925
    • View Profile
What Happened To Sharp.
« on: 20 February 2016, 07:30:00 PM »

I really thought that they could be the next very big thing I AV a couple of years ago............what happened?  ???

Offline Scottthehat

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 218
  • -Received: 265
  • It's because I'm green isn't it?
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened To Sharp.
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2016, 06:36:42 PM »
Twas odd, but they didnt really bring out any decent tv in the last ten years, I bought a 40" backlit sharp for kids room and it really is very good and it only cost 179, But hisense now own sharp.
sharp lcd 42"samsung ps59d550 plasma,onkyo 875/606,sherrwood 945 avr,sony md/cd/ps3,toshiba hd dvd/bluray,panasonic blu-ray,wharfdale front/center/15" sub+2 12",eltax liberty rears x2(7.1),jamo 12" fronts + rears,sky hd,teac td, spyder 4tvhd + chromapure calibration stuff. nikon d700/d300 + pro glas

Offline David Mackenzie

• Global Moderator
  • Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 908
  • -Received: 2043
    • View Profile
    • Personal web site
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2016, 08:22:34 PM »
I always wanted to love them thanks to their thinking outside the box, but unfortunately that thinking outside the box never ended up producing must-have picture quality (see: Quattron).

The uniformity of their panels was usually quite poor also.

So, what happened to them? Bluntly, I don't feel they had much to offer in an already crowded LCD marketplace.
HDTVTest.co.uk Reviewer & US Correspondent
--
Please don't send me the same question through multiple methods (email/forum/PM) since I can't respond 3 separate times. Please post on the forums or use private messages for messages that need privacy. Thanks!

These member(s) thanked your post:

Offline hristoslav2

• [Movie] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 0
  • -Received: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2016, 09:51:41 PM »
The reason is the weak management and marketing. Not paying due attention to the sector of home appliances ..
Pioneer had their property due to poor implementation and poor investments, the company closed its production of televisions.
https://www.sdp.co.jp/en/
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Terry-Gou-vows-to-turn-Sharp-around-acknowledges-challenges