Author Topic:

BEST 4K LCD FOR PC GAMING AND MOVIES !!! HELP !!!

(Read 2403 times)

Offline zadkhiel

• [Standard] Mode
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 17
  • -Received: 10
    • View Profile
BEST 4K LCD FOR PC GAMING AND MOVIES !!! HELP !!!
« on: 05 January 2017, 03:34:03 AM »

Hello,

First I want to start by thanking HDTVTEST for such great and accurate reviews. I have read a lot of your tests and reviews and I am a big fan of your work !!! Even bought a Panasonic Plasma thanks to your reviews and advice !!! Best reviews out there...So for that and for everything you are doing, I CONGRATULATE YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!

Now, on to the subject:

It's been more then 2 years since I sold my Panasonic 42" GT50 Plasma TV(which I bought thanks to HDTVTEST FORUM AND REVIEWS) and I feel like I am going crazy !!! I admit being a tech freak and been searching for the " perfect TV " a while now and I just can't seem to make up my mind so I would really be grateful if you can help me decide !!! Even had The OLED LG 55910V and 55B6J, but had to return them due to dead pixels and lot of fuzziness... I don't feel like OLED is there yet, still has a long way to go, it's lacking clarity and has lots of issues like near-black and near-gray uniformity and and so on. AND THE COST IS HUGE.. It's too bad because I have never seen a better picture than OLED (I even owned a plasma TV for a few year and I can truly say that OLED is way superior to that)

With that said, I fear we still have a long way to go before we see really capable OLED TV'S on the market, probably a few years...

So, with OLED out of the way, I cannot seem to decide on what LCD TV will suit me, because they all suffer from terrible problems, like ghosting, motion blur, bad uniformity, poor backlight, backlight bleeding, high response times and high input lag, but considering I don't have an alternative here we go:

I'll will be using the TV connected to my PC for GAMES and MOVIES. I will be playing games like Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Diablo III, etc..so picture quality is very important for me !!! The most important probably !

The TV needs to be a 4K@60Hz VA, MVA, PVA, AMVA... No IPS for me(though they have great color reproduction, the lack of static contrast makes me throw the IPS out the window. The colors are nice and accurate and the viewing angles are better, but they don't POP like they do on a good VA panel and they seem washed out. . .plus the blacks are weaker on IPS and then there is the glow...)

Please recommend VA panels that have static contrast over 5000:1 or near that range 4000:1 can do also, cause these have better blacks and more punchy colors then other VA panels with weaker contrast. I will also need a decent input lag, but not the fastest as I will be playing story driven games like RPG's and 3'rd person action. I like horror games a lot, so AGAIN, BEST CONTRAST IS IMPORTANT AS I WILL BE PLAYING A LOT OF DARK CONTENT ON THE TV. I also like horror movies, obviously...

I will be using the TV mainly in a complete dark room, so, panel uniformity is important. . .
TV Size 55" or more...
I have to specify that I WILL NOT USE THE TV AS A PC MONITOR, cause I have a monitor, so I will just use the TV connected to the PC when I'm gaming or watching movies. For web content and other stuff, I have a 24" Dell that does the job.

Clarity and sharpness, that feeling that you are watching crystal clear water is important as well.

As I was saying I have done tons of research and found a few models that I think will be good for price-quality balance because I am done spending a lot of money on TV's as they all suffer from the same problems . . .

So after a lot of researching I came up with these models:

Samsung 55KU6000 - Seems like there is a lot of fuzz about this model. I don't think if HDTVTEST reviewed this one yet, would be nice to see a review of it. It is the best mid-range TV and the review at rtings.com of the US version 6300, says it is the best bang for buck. It has a contrast of 5500:1, which is WOW....Plasma like picture...

Samsung 55KS7000

Panasonic TX-58DX750E - I saw this one in a store once and could not get the image quality out of my head for weeks...it's amazing. . .

Panasonic TX-58DX700E

Panasonic TX-55CX700E

Panasonic TX-55CX400E

In the end I just wanna say that price will be a decisive factor, but if there are big differences I am willing to pay more . .

PLEASE RECOMMEND THE BEST IN YOUR OPINION FOR PC GAMING AND MOVIES IN A DARK ROOM, considering best picture quality and contrast !!! Also please feel free to recommend other brands and specify the differences between them, but please keep in mind I am from Europe(Romania) and some good models like Vizio P series 2016 (which has been voted, tested and reviewed as the best LCD TV OUT THERE at a killer affordable price), can't be found here...Such a shame. . .

THANK YOU !!! Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 05 January 2017, 03:36:27 AM by zadkhiel »

Offline Xenocyde

• Calibrated
  • Thank You
  • -Gave: 17
  • -Received: 12
    • View Profile
Re: BEST 4K LCD FOR PC GAMING AND MOVIES !!! HELP !!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
@zadkhiel: I was thinking of buying an older OLED, but now that you mentioned OLEDs still have problems, I'm not sure what to get. I'm searching for the best screen to use as a PC monitor, so I'm really interested what the pros on this forum would recommend.